Independent review for Fiji Hideaway Resort on the Coral Coast in Fiji Islands
Fiji Hideaway Resort Fiji is located alongside the Queens Highway on a small sandy beach with shallow lagoon and surfing passage. This is a theme activity resort with organised events throughout the day and night. Colourful duplex bungalows are set in a tight landscaped garden setting with most bungalows having a glimpse of the ocean. Ideal for couples and families.
Fiji Hideaway Resort Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Frangipani Bure||2a+2c / 3a||F$ 355|
|Ocean View Bure||2a+1c / 3a||F$ 405|
|Beach Front Villa||2a+2c / 3a||F$ 565|
|2-Bedroom Villa||2a+3c / 4a||F$ 585|
|Deluxe Beach Front Bure||2a||F$ 595|
Introduction to Scuba Diving in resort pool for any guest over 11yrs
Local Draught Beers, Selected House Wines, Local Spirits & Soft Drinks
Beverages available from restaurant, bar or poolside between 10am and 10pm
Fiji Hideaway Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beach Front, on Coral Coast highway, South Viti Levu Island
- Getting There: 1 hr 10 mins by road from Nadi Airport
- Unique Qualities: Lively large resort, themed nights, organised activities, surfing
- Ideal for: Couples, Families, Surfers (must bring own board)
- Hotel Features: 110 Bungalows, Swimming Pool, Tennis, Boutique Shop
- Dining: Restaurant at the hotel - restaurants of Sunset Strip 15 mins by road
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Sigatoka Town Shopping, Sandunes, Hill Fort, Pottery Village, Kula Eco Park
- The Beach: Good - medium fine sand, secluded
- The Ocean: Reasonable swimming in outer lagoon but shallow at low tide
- Snorkelling: Good in passages but rip tides can pose danger to poor swimmers
- Other Activities: Surfing, Snorkelling Trips to outer reef
The Frangipani Bures are duplex bungalows (2 bures per bungalow) set in a line three and four rows back from the ocean and have ceiling fans. All rooms have IDD telephones, fridges, tea and coffee making facilities, hair dryers and ironing board. The Frangipani Bures feature a large indoor / outdoor bathroom.
outdoor shower / jacuzzi
The Ocean View Bures are in duplex bungalows (2 bures per bungalow) set in two rows and overlook the ocean. These bures are similar in interior design to the Frangipani Bures except they have air-conditioning but do not have an outdoor shower attachment to the bathroom. All rooms have IDD telephones, fridges, tea and coffee making facilities, hair dryers and ironing board
The Beach Front Bures are also in duplex bungalows (2 bures per bungalow) and face the beach at the far end of the property with greater privacy. They have a larger living space than the Ocean View / Frangipani bures with a walk-in dressing alcove and larger outdoor bathroom.
The 2-bedroom bures are fully air-conditioned private stand-alone bungalows featuring two separate bedrooms and a lounge making it ideal for families.
These open plan bures are private stand-alone bures in a premium beachfront location and with modern furnishings including a large bathroom and open air shower.
The 25-metre swimming pool is used for daily aerobics, water polo and has swimming lanes. There's a 15-metre water slide and children's' wading pool. The free daily kids club from 9.30am to 9.00pm has a dedicated staff member for each child and supervised lunch and dinner.
Hideaway Resort has a good snorkelling in the lagoon a short swim from the beachfront and for those looking to surf, the Hideaway Passage is 10-minutes paddling in front of the resort and offers right and left hander reef breaks (bring your own board).
Theme nights including International fashion shows, hermit crab racing, Fijian fire-walking and traditional dance are performed throughout the week.)
see our other Fiji Islands Pictures