Independent review for Paradise Inn in Rarotonga Cook Islands
Paradise Inn Rarotonga Cook Islands is located right on the waters edge of a reef-walking beach just five minutes walk into downtown Avarua. This is a great affordable base to enjoy the quaint Avarua Town with its bars, restaurants and shops, and to enjoy lovely sea and mountain views with walking access to some excellent hikes.
Paradise Inn Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Budget Single Room||1a||NZ$ 85|
|Standard Single Room||1a||NZ$ 105|
|Standard Double Room||2a||NZ$ 135|
|Standard Triple Room||3a||NZ$ 160|
|Family Unit||4||NZ$ 200|
Paradise Inn Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beachfront, on main road, Avarua Town Outskirts, North Rarotonga
- Getting There: 10 mins by road from Rarotonga Airport
- Unique Qualities: Close to Avarua Town & nightlife, affordable, whale watching (May-Oct)
- Ideal for: Couples, Groups
- Hotel Features: 16 Mezzanine Units
- Dining: Basic self-catering - restaurants close by n Avarua Town
- Children Policy: Under 12yrs NOT permitted
- Local Attractions / Tours: Avarua Town, Avatiu Harbour, Museum, Market, Cross Island Track
- The Beach: Average - coarse sand extending along coast
- The Ocean: Poor - very shallow with voral bottom but good for reef walking
- Snorkelling: Poor - too shallow
- Other Activities: Game Fishing charters walking distance
Two single ground level rooms are self contained with a small kitchenette and have an en-suite shower and toilet.
There are 12 mezzanine style Standard Rooms with master bedroom upstairs and open plan lounge / kitchenette and bathroom downstairs. All rooms are set in a row on the ground floor of the building along two rather tight corridoors.
The family unit is a split level apartment comprises a downstairs living area with kitchen, a separate bathroom with shower and toilet and a mezzanine bedroom with queen size bed.
Paradise Inn is set in a large house on the main coastal road at the edge of town. There's a spacious and attractively decorated communal lounge and bar with outdoor wooden deck overlooking the beach and lagoon. This is a fantastic spot to watch humpback whales as the reef here is less than 50 metres from shore (Jul-Oct). Steps lead down to the coarse white sand beach and the shallow lagoon is good for reef walking with fantastic views looking back to the high mountains of Rarotonga.
There is direct access to the coral ‘reef-walking’ beach below, which has clean clear water but is only suitable for swimming and snorkelling at high tide. The communal veranda is one of the best land locations for spotting humpback whales in season which come right up to the reef's edge, a mere 100 metres away.
Next door to Paradise Inn is a small convenience store and the bus stops right outside. Almost opposite is the Cook Islands museum and it's a five minute walk into the centre of town and just a couple of minutes walk from from several good bars and nighclubs.
see our other Cook Islands Pictures