Independent review for Muri Beach Hideaway in Rarotonga Cook Islands
Muri Beach Hideaway Cook Islands is a delightful small property owned by a local Cook Islander who lives on the property. There are nine individually styled deluxe bungalows located in the heart of Muri Beach overlooking the beachfront with bungalows set in beautifully landscaped gardens and beside the swimming pool.
Muri Beach Hideaway Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Lotus Bungalow||2a||NZ$ 260|
|Garden Bungalow||2a||NZ$ 260|
|Lagoon View Bungalow||2a||NZ$ 310|
|Beach Front Bungalow||2a||NZ$ 330|
Muri Beach Hideaway Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beachfront, off main road, Muri Beach, East Rarotonga
- Getting There: 30 mins by road from Rarotonga Airport
- Unique Qualities: Friendly atmosphere, small and intimate beach setting
- Ideal for: Couples
- Hotel Features: 9 Bungalows, Swimming Pool
- Dining: Self Catering - several restaurants walking distance
- Children Policy: Under 12yrs NOT permitted
- Local Attractions / Tours: Muri Beach, Offshore Islands, Avana Valley Track, Fruits of Rarotonga
- The Beach: Excellent - deep, fine white sand, stretches along Muri Beach
- The Ocean: Excellent - sandy bottom, protected and good for swimming
- Snorkelling: Good - lots of reef fish around offshore island
- Other Activities: Kayaking
All bungalows are similar inside with an open plan room with Queen size bed, Polynesian decor and a high ceiling for air circulation, and two separate rooms at the back, one with the bathroom (toilet and shower) and the other with a small kitchen for self-catering. Price is determined by proximity to the beach - the Lotus Bungalows are the furthest back and overlook a small creek full of water lillies.
This small family owned retreat is located right in the heart of Muri Beach and fronting a pretty stretch of sand screened by lush vegetation ensuring privacy. The sandy bottom lagoon is the best spot for swimming in Aitutaki and there's good snorkelling around the offshore islet (100 metres from shoreline).
Guests enjoy direct access to Muri Beach from beside the small private swimming pool and can use kayaks to explore the lagoon.
see our other Cook Islands Pictures