Independent review for Etu Moana Villas in Aitutaki Cook Islands
Etu Moana Villas Cook Islands is a small beachfront property situated on the west coast of Aitutaki. Each of the eight Polynesian style open-plan Villas offers lagoon views and are staggered around a small swimming pool featuring black volcanic rocks with a wooden deck furnished where you can enjoy a drink at the bar and Complimentary breakfast.
Etu Moana Villas Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Lagoon View Villa - #s 7 & 8||3a||NZ$ 495|
|Pool View Villa - #s 5 & 6||3a||NZ$ 535|
|Beach Front Villa - #s 2 & 4||3a||NZ$ 595|
|Absolute Beach Front - #s 1 & 3||3a||NZ$ 735|
Children Under 16yrs not permitted
Etu Moana Villas Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beachfront, on main road, North West Aitutaki main island
- Getting There: 40 mins flight from Rarotonga Airport PLUS 10 mins by road
- Unique Qualities: Spacious villas, excellent service
- Ideal for: Couples
- Hotel Features: 10 Bungalows, Swimming Pool
- Dining: Restaurant & Bar at the hotel - several restaurants walking distance
- Children Policy: Under 16yrs NOT permitted
- Local Attractions / Tours: Motu Island day cruise, hill walks, beachcombing
- The Beach: Good - fine white sand extending along coast
- The Ocean: Average - part coral part sandy bottom, average for swimming
- Snorkelling: Good - some coral and reef fish off from beach, excellent 10 mins walk away
- Other Activities: Kayaking
Villa interiors at Etu Moana are identical in design with only location to the beach front deciding price. Each Villa features thatched roofs, large covered verandas, hardwood floors, teak furniture, natural stone counters, and marble tiled bathrooms with a louvre door opening onto your own private garden with outdoor shower. All windows and doors are screened. The sliding wood louvre doors offer maximum privacy leaving good airflow. Each Villa has a king size bed, ceiling fan, air conditioning, clock radio, phone (international calls), and flat screen satellite television with in house movies. The fully equipped kitchen has a granite counter, gas burner cook top, and a separate purified drinking water tap.
The Villas at Etu Moana are generously spaced for privacy on a 1.5-acre property that is wide at the beach narrowing at the roadside so no building is obstructing your view.
The beach directly infront of the villas is pretty with fine white sand and coral pieces and backed by coconut palms. The beach stretches for several kilometres in both directions, with some of the best snorkelling about a twenty minute north of the resort. The lagoon is reasonable for swimming and snorkelling although shallow at low tide and with multiple coral patches. The resort has a landscaped swimming pool.
see our other Cook Islands Pictures